DIVORCE LAWYER IN CHICAGO
If you are looking for a divorce lawyer who can be your advocate during these difficult times, let Cheap Chicago Divorce be the ones to help you. With unmatched expertise and a tireless work ethic, we will make sure you achieve the outcome you desire. Call us at (312) 504-1949 today.
The Divorce Attorney You Need
Separating from your spouse, no matter how amicably, is never an easy process. Even the most civil and respectful spouses will enter into the divorce process and become overwhelmed. Like any legal process, the steps required come with much fine-print. And the steps themselves are not always so obvious, either.
In short, the world of law is complex and unnavigable without the right guide at your side. If you choose to only rely on the anecdotal advice of your peers, you might just wind up wasting a lot of time gathering misinformation. All that wasted time could have been spent preparing for the next stage in your life.
We can make the process as simplistic as possible. With us, you won’t need to waste time researching the proper course of action, and you won’t need to worry about misrepresenting your needs to your spouse’s lawyer if they also have representation. With us, you can rest easy knowing that everything is being done in your best interest.
The Affordable Family Law Lawyers
When we are at your side, you have more than just a guide—you have an advocate. You have someone who is acting in, you and your family’s, best interests at all times.
We don’t just adhere to the rules and regulations that uphold divorce proceedings, we also adhere to your best wishes. We are not interested in compromising if you are not interested in compromising, and we are certainly not interested in making matters more complicated than they have to be.
What makes our services superior to other attorneys and firms in the Chicago area is our affordability. Like our name states, our services are cheap. But do not worry, that does not mean our services are inferior to those who charge more. Our services are affordable.
We Will Help You Achieve a Favorable Separation Agreement
The terms of your separation shouldn’t be determined by your spouse. You should have a part in dictating them. The terms of the separation should be based upon the needs of you and your children. With our help, your voice will be heard.
As Painless as Possible: The Family Law Lawyers Who Put Family First
If you and your spouse share children, you might not want to subject them to the messiness of divorce. At Cheap Chicago Divorce, we do not want your family to endure those stresses, either.
We Remove the Complications from Contested Divorces
Even if you want your divorce to proceed without complication or contestation, your spouse might still disagree with you on some matters. These matters might pertain to child custody, shared real estate, and other mutually-held assets.
Whatever the case, we will not abandon your side. We will fight to preserve order during what might be a chaotic time.
The Best Uncontested Divorce Lawyers In Chicago
Divorce is never an easy process, even if it is uncontested. There are many things to take into account such as children, property, alimony payments and more. The legal landscape is hard to navigate at the best of times. Without a seasoned law firm to guide you, there are bound to be expensive mistakes made which complicate and slow the process. If you are looking for a way to implement a divorce in Chicago with experienced lawyers that are also affordable, you have come to the right website.
INEXPENSIVE DIVORCE LAWYER
Our lawyers have many years of experience in legal divorce proceedings, and we want to put our expertise to use for you. Our divorce team has decades of combined experience protecting the interests of people in Chicago who seek a clean and quick divorce.
We are proud of the work we have done in representing our clients during these difficult times. They are scrambling to organize their lives and figure out their finances, so they can leave an unfulfilling marriage behind them. We focus on attaining our client's peace of mind at an affordable price.
Our attorney fee for an uncontested divorce is $499.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I QUALIFY FOR AN UNCONTESTED DIVORCE IN CHICAGO?
There are two types of divorces, those that are contested and those that are uncontested. If the parties cannot agree on the divorce or some aspect of it then it is classified as contested. It is also a longer and more expensive process. However, there are a few more rules to an uncontested divorce than merely agreeing on the divorce. Here are a few guidelines to see if you qualify. All of the factors below must be met for a divorce to be uncontested:
- You have been separated for six months or more. This does not necessarily mean that you live apart but that that you and your spouse live different lives and are relatively independent from each other.
- Both individuals agree to a divorce and acknowledge that they will sign legal documents associated with divorce proceedings.
- Agreement has already been made in terms of child custody - who will be the primary caregiver and what schedule will be ordered for visitation. If you do not have children then this does not apply.
- Division of debt has been agreed upon.
- You do not share a retirement or pension plan.
- Real estate divisions are settled.
- There will be no support or alimony payments.
If all of this describes your situation then you will most probably qualify for an uncontested divorce.
However, if you fall outside of these guidelines do not become disheartened. There is still the possibility that you would quality for a low-cost divorce.
CONTESTED DIVORCE OPTIONS
In those cases where an uncontested divorce isn't an option, there is still hope for you achieving your divorce, though the process will be longer and pricier. While it's great when a couple can come to an agreement on their own, most cases are not so sugar-coated.
You may see your divorce as a clear case for an uncontested divorce, however your ex-partner may not agree. In these instances, it will be time for you to start contested divorce proceedings.
At Cheap Chicago Divorce, we understand that divorces are an emotional experience. Whether children are involved or not you are likely to feel both financially and emotionally drained by the time it's finished. And, with many divorce lawyers requiring a retainer of $3,000-$10,000 just to get started, it's not hard to see why.
If you have been living apart for a year, your partner has committed adultery, or your partner treated you with physical or mental cruelty, these are all grounds for divorce that a divorce lawyer can work with.
And, at Cheap Chicago Divorce we follow through on our name and provide you with the most competitive rates when it comes to filing for divorce. We'll start by reviewing your options. Next, your ex-partner will be served with the divorce application. They will then have 30 days to respond.
From there, we'll examine financial statements and any other documentation that is necessary for property division and child custody. Divorces on average take 12 months from beginning to end. This can seem like a long time when you just want to get out of a marriage, but ensuring that everything is done right is important. Work with Cheap Chicago Divorce and we'll dot all our i's and cross all our t's until you have the divorce you've been fighting for.
FOUR SIGNS YOU MAY NEED A DIVORCE
There is no doubt about it, divorce is an extremely difficult decision for all couples to make. However, the simple fact of the matter, is that it can often be the only healthy option. So, if you have tried all available avenues to find a solution to the issues in your marriage unsuccessfully, then you may need to get a divorce. The reality is that it is never easy to file for divorce but there are certain situations in which staying in the relationship would have far more negative consequences than leaving. With that in mind, here are some pretty straight-forward signs that you may need a divorce. At Cheap Chicago Divorce, we are aware that a divorce is one of the most stressful parts of any relationship and that is why we will always be as sensitive and confidential about all details of your relationship as possible. With that in mind, here are four signs that you may need to get out of a relationship:
- Excessive Negative Interactions: Social psychologists have known for years is that it is not just the severity of disagreements or the reason behind them that is the biggest problem. Instead, it is the quantity and frequency of these arguments that may indicate that there is a need for a divorce. Typically, the magic ratio for a positive marriage is five happy interactions for every one negative interaction. One sign that it may be time to get a divorce is if these negative interactions are equaling or outnumbering the positive ones.
- The Severity of the Arguments: While it is true that the 5:1 argument ratio is the special number, it doesn’t mean that more positive interactions than negative ones don’t mean that you don’t need a divorce. Severe and hurtful arguments are one of the most crucial signs to get a divorce. The problem for many couples is that they don’t know when to stay in unhealthy relationships because they rarely argue. If the severity of arguments is growing more and more toxic and many of the fights have devolved into personal insults, then this is not a good sign.
- Different Values: While people with different belief systems often manage to maintain successful marriages, finding common ground in shared values is a must. If your core values differ irreconcilably from your partner, then this is a sign that you need to do something different. Unfortunately, in many cases this means divorce. So, for instance if one partner values having a large family and the other person doesn’t, then this may be a hurdle that is simply too hard to navigate. If this is the case, then you need to do something to rectify the situation immediately.
- Unfaithfulness: It doesn’t take a marriage counselor or trained professional to realize that unfaithfulness may be one of the most common reasons why people get a divorce. Sure, it is true that some couples manage to recover from the pain that an affair can cause, others take it as validation that is time for things to end!
CAN I GET AN ANNULMENT?
Clients who are facing their first divorce may be interested in the term "annulment", and wondering if it could be the right option for them. An annulment declares a marriage null and void, as if it never existed. While it may seem like the easy way out, annulments are rare and require evidence.
- If you've married someone who was already married.
- If you've been a part of a shotgun wedding.
- If you don't have the mental capacity to understand what marriage is.
- If you married a close relative.
- If your marriage has not been consummated.
- If you married under the age of consent without your parents'
- If you were not aware your ceremony was a real marriage ceremony.
These are all examples of reasons you could opt out of filing for divorce, and go straight for an annulment instead.
DIVORCE LAWYER NEAR ME
If you are facing a divorce we recommend you talk to your spouse right away to see if it can become uncontested. If your significant other goes to see a divorce attorney first, then it is likely that you will be pulled into a divorce that will be contested and thus a great deal more expensive.
At Cheap Chicago Divorce, our prices may be minimal, but we never cut corners or sacrifice quality. There's a wide variety of grounds for divorce, and having worked with Chicago clients for many years, we can tackle them all. We work efficiently, and closely with all of our clients to get them what they deserve during divorce proceedings.
If the people of Chicago have questions about uncontested divorces or our low-cost option, please feel free to contact our firm.
Your Most Commonly Asked Questions About Finding a Divorce Lawyer in Chicago
Cheap Chicago Divorce is asked by our clients all the time: is it really possible to divorce my partner this cheaply? Most people formed their impressions of what divorce is like from watching a family member go through a long and painful one or the image of high-stakes divorce trials on television and movies. But the reality of the situation is that divorce is just the legal process of ending the contract of marriage between two people, and if both parties agree on that, it can be done simply and inexpensively.
Cheap Chicago Divorce specializes in reducing the cost for Chicagoans to hire a divorce lawyer. Our flat fee means that you never overpay for an uncontested divorce. However, if you have questions about how it all works, look here for answers:
What Is the Average Cost of a Divorce?
Did you know the average contested divorce in the United States will cost you $15,000 to $30,000? That only accounts for legal fees and costs of setting up a trial, not damages or alimony payments.
Divorcing is often expensive. But it doesn’t have to be. If you and your spouse are both on the same page and want to move forward with your respective lives—without one another—contact the Law Offices of Wayne Shapiro at Cheap Chicago Divorce.
The average cost of an uncontested divorce with our office is around $1,300. That’s a fraction of the fees you’ll pay elsewhere—for the same excellent service!
How to Choose the Right Divorce Lawyer
You want a lawyer with experience who will fight for your rights if need be. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out hundreds of dollars per hour for something as simple as an uncontested divorce.
If you and your spouse are both adult enough to agree on how you’ll split finances and time with children, choose a lawyer with experience who won’t gouge you for a simple legal procedure by choosing Wayne Shapiro.
What Will My Divorce Lawyer Need?
Firstly, you must retain a lawyer by paying their retainer fee. Cheap Chicago Divorce makes it easy: just pick up the phone and call us or fill out the form on our website.
After you fill out our online questionnaire with all the necessary information we need to make this process as painless as possible, we will take care of all the paperwork; then we will send you copies of the divorce papers for you and your spouse to sign. You can suggest edits here if necessary, but most of our clients are satisfied with the initial versions.
After you and your spouse both sign the divorce papers, we take the filing to court and give you a date for you to both appear in court. After the judge hears your case, you will be legally divorced in the eyes of the law!
Who’s the Cheapest Divorce Lawyer in Chicago?
For an affordable approach to uncontested divorce, call Cheap Chicago Divorce. Our no-frills and no-strings-attached policy is a breath of fresh air for Chicagoans seeking a divorce. Call us today to learn more!